Originally a series of Light Novels written by Kinoko Nasu and illustrated by Takashi Takeuchi in 1997, Kara no Kyoukai was later adapted into movie format by studio ufotable.
The main series is composed of seven movies that are presented chronologically out of order, are all dependent on each other, and vary in length between 45 minutes to an hour, with movies 5 and 7 being closer to two hours. Music for the series is composed by Yuki Kajiura, while the insert songs are performed by Kalafina.
- Fukan Fuukei (Overlooking View, Thanatos)
- Satsujin Kousatsu (Part 1) (Murder Speculation)
- Tsuukaku Zanryuu (Remaining Sense of Pain)
- Garan no Dou (Garan-no-dou, The Hollow Shrine)
- Mujun Rasen (Paradox Spiral, Paradox Paradigm)
- Boukyaku Rokuon (Oblivion Recording)
- Remix: Gate of Seventh Heaven (Recap of 1-6)
7. Satsujin Kousatsu (Part 2) (Murder Speculation part 2)
- Kara no Kyoukai: Epilogue (Epilogue to the series)
Gospel of the Future is a side story to the main series, released in 2013 and featuring a couple of new characters.
- Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin - Extra Chorus (special shown before Future Gospel)
- Kara no Kyoukai: Mirai Fukuin (Future Gospel, Kara no Kyoukai - recalled out summer -)
In the city where Shiki lives, something triggers a spate of mysterious schoolgirl suicides. The connection between the girls who've leapt to their deaths is unclear, although all of them have jumped from the Fujou Building, a skyscraper scheduled to be demolished.
(Source: Aniplex USA)
Inspirations and Derivative worksEdit
- Shingetsutan Tsukihime
- Mnemosyne: Mnemosyme no Musume-tachi
- Denpa Teki na Kanojo
- Ghost in the Shell
Spoiler free video review [By GlassReflection, YouTuber]:
Written review with some spoilers, but nothing major [By Toramelle, Hummingbird user]